Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

I'm afraid my blogging is going a bit slow this week, I am quite busy. The tomatoes are coming in profusely and I have made eight quarts of spaghetti sauce, four quarts of pizza sauce, and two quarts of salsa. On top of that our church is having VBS this week and I am in charge of snacks. Last night I brought these delicious muffins and they ate all four batches of them! I guess that means they were quite good. =) This is my favorite muffin recipe.


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Stir together:
2 c. flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 T. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger
3/4 t. salt
Pinch allspice

Add and stir until combined:

3/4 c. pumpkin (or 1/2 15.5 oz can)
1 egg (slightly beaten)
2/3 c. milk
3 T. melted butter or oil
1 t. vanilla

Fold in:

1/2 c. mini chocolate chips (or regular size)

Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake at 375F for 25 minutes or until they bounce back when touched.

No comments: